Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Venus Williams withdraws from Wimbledon


Venus Williams has withdrawn from Wimbledon because of continuing issues with her lower back. Williams, who turned 33 on Monday, withdrew from the doubles competition at the French Open after losing her opening-round singles match citing the same lower back injury.

The statement: "Unfortunately, I will not be able to participate in Wimbledon this year. I am extremely disappointed as I have always loved The Championships, but I need to take time to let my back heal. I look forward to returning to the courts as soon as possible, with my goal being to return to Mylan World Team Tennis on July 8th in Washington DC. Many thanks to my fans for the love and support and I will be seeing you very soon back on the courts."

No comments:

Post a Comment